proteanTecs, a trailblazer in the field of advanced electronics deep data analytics, is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing software development team to create and maintain C/C++ projects at the core of our product offering.
We are looking for candidates with a strong background in software engineering, with a focus on building scalable, reliable, and maintainable code.
As a C/C++ Developer at proteanTecs, you will have the opportunity to determine the future design and implementation of proteanTecs’s core features, while working in a rapidly growing and developing environment. This position will involve working on multiple projects, involving the world’s largest tech companies as customers, integrating proprietary software directly on a variety of edge devices, creating SDKs that can run in multiple platforms and environments, and use a variety of tools and technologies while working with a wide array of roles within the R&D organization.
This position reports directly to the Software Team Leader, one of the company’s first employees and among the original authors of the code you’d be working on.
- 3+ years of experience in software development, with a focus on building features, design, development, and maintenance of cross-platform applications in C/C++
- Experience working with build systems, and specifically Make or CMake
- Experience working with python
- Experience working with bash/shell scripts
- Solid programming foundation: data structures and algorithms, version control, performance, testing
- Meticulous about coding standards (formatting, conventions, documentation)
- Team player with very good communication skills
- Proficiency in English at an intermediate level
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Worked closely with customers on interface definition, integration, and debugging
- Experience working with relational DBs (e.g. SQL)
- Experience with one or more of the following: Docker, K8s, Cloud-based application development, Java
- Develop new features for our Edge and Cloud backend services
- Design and lead the implementation of the multi-disciplinary, cross-platform solution
- Perform full life cycle development and deployment of C/C++ applications and libraries
- Develop systems to maintain, analyze and improve performance, integrity and reliability of existing applications
- Investigate and fix problems with production systems in real-time
- Construct experiments and analyze data to identify ways to improve technical performance
- Own features from design and development to production
- Perform code run time and memory footprint optimizations
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines
- Perform code reviews that improve software engineering quality
- Agile Development Practices and Meetings
- Software Documentation
- Software Specification and Testing
- Collaborate with technical and product peers